On Thursday, October 18, 2012, the Liberian community Association of Connecticut hosted a teleconference to discuss the fundraising effort to cover the cost of funeral services for the late Esther Dennis.
The friends representing the family were Traphena Scott, Henry Sayue, and Beatrice Brooks.
Trephena explained that until the family meets, she couldn't provide a final decision being reached for the funeral.
Beatrice Brooks informed the community that the total cost for the funeral was $US6,000.00. The time line given by the funeral service provider is November 9, 2012. We set a deadline to raise US$8,000 by October 31, 2012.
Henry Sayue who is playing a major role for the family, thanked everyone in attendance before excusing himself to continue at work.
Hon. James Galakpain asked if the late Esther had life insurance and the answer was no.
The following was suggested for the fundraising procedure:
1. Immediate Pledges suggested by Hon. James Galakpain
2. Wake for fundraising suggested by Raheem Barnes
3. Youth Fundraising suggested by Debbie Galakpain
4. Internet Fundraising suggested by Joe Morris
It was finalized that all suggestions were possible option and was left to the Chairman of the ethics committee, Caleb Yalartai to pursue and implement. The
Pledges were made during the conference in the total sum of $1,695.00
It was agreed that the following members of the community helped to collect contributions:
1. Rufus Walters 203-414-9732 - for Bridgeport and surrounding towns
2. Henry Sayue 203-928-0890 - New Haven and surrounding towns
3. Beatrice Brooks 203-507-1800 West Haven
4. Trephena Scott 203-3081515 Hamden and Ansonia
5. Debbie Galakpain 203-809-6346 Youth in Connecticut
6. Dorbor Thompson 203-435-2390 - Youth in Connecticut
7. James Galakpain: 203-747-9922 Provide support to Chairman Caleb Yalartai.
Attendance and Pledges:
1. Rev. Yalartai - $100.00
2.Joemorris Kalapele - $100.00
3.Henry Wilson $50
4.Maston Totimeh $20
5.Raheem Barnes $75
7.Charles McGill $50
8.Arthur Gbeazon $75
9.Caleb Yalartai $50
10.James Galakpain $300
11.Alex Quermollue $100
13.Wonldy Paye $100
14.Rufus Walters $100
15.Marie Seton $50
16.Debbie Galakpain $50
17.Dorbor Thompson $100
20.Mrs. Betty Galakpain
21.Flomo Freeman $50
22.Eden Bass $50
23.Rev. Phillip Blamo $75
24. Bishop Tyna Hudson $50
25.Mrs Mary James Walters $50 Absent but pledge
26. Mrs. Adeline Bass $50 Absent but pledge
27. Mrs. Caleb Yalartai $50.00 Absent but pledge